Activist Needs Research
The Organeyez team believes an important part of our work must involve surveying and studying activists to learn about their needs. With this data we can better shape our educational content and the applications that we build.
Our first research initiative is an Activist Needs Survey that we distributed via social media and personal networks. We gathered extremely valuable feedback and are using this data to plan our Summer 2019 workshop series. Participate in the survey here
Some takeaways from this survey are listed below.
- There were 34 respondents total over the course of 8 weeks
- 53% said that money/funding is what their organizations need the most
- 38% said trainings, workshops, and classes are what their organizations need the most
- Less than 10% said technologies & applications are what their organizations need the most
- When asked "which types of workshops most interest you?", the top choices were Organizational Growth & Development, Personal Development, and Movement/Campaign Strategies (listed in order of ranking). Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention were voted least interesting out of 9 options total.
- When asked "Which types of workshops do you think would be most useful or beneficial to activists you work/interact with?", the top choices were still Organizational Growth & Development, Personal Development, and Movement/Campaign Strategies (listed in order of ranking). But 4th and 5th is Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention. Last place is humanities/social sciences. What this indicates to us is that even though Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention may not be interesting to individual activists, many see it as necessary and useful for their fellow activists to learn.
Summer 2019 Online Workshop Series
These workshops will focus on fundraising & money management, campaign & movement strategies, and personal development